Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The famous cranberry and coconut granola


I love this granola on school mornings giving me energy and waking up my taste buds.Again this is one of my recipes that I got from Ina Garten.

Ingredients
4 cups of old fashioned rolled oats
2 cups shredded coconut
2 cups cut pecans
3/4 cups vegtable oil
1/2 cup honey 1 cup dried cranberry


Preheat oven to 350. Toss the oats, coconut , and pecans together. Whisk together honey and vegtable oil together in a separate bowl. Pour the liquids over the oats and stir with a wooden spoon until coated.Pour on a sheet pan.Stick in the oven stirring occasionally with a spatula about for 45 minutes Take out let cool and add cranberries. P.S Keep a eye on it in the oven.



I hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh!! I'm SO glad you put this recipe on your blog! I LOVE this granola that you made for us -- it's so different from anything in the store and it tastes light and totally delicious.
    Thanks Kate!
    Susan B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for Nana to make these recipes--they sound delicious. Nana says she can't wait for you to come here and cook for us. Have a great Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate!
    Love your recipes, and what stunning photography! Come see us this summer and bring your recipe book with you...
    Nelle

    ReplyDelete