Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Michelle's Best and Nelle's Favorite Banana Bread

This is my old neighbor Michelle Green's recipe. I would really like to thank Nelle, my friend from Savannah, for asking me to do this recipe and writing back from my letter I sent her. So, I hope you enjoy!

2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
4 very ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 300 degrees .Mix together sugar,oil,eggs, and the very ripe bananas in an electric mixer.In a seperate bowl mix together flour, salt,and baking soda,then add 1/2 a cup of buttermilk to the flour mix and 1/2 a cup to the banana mix and add the flour mix to the banana mix.Add pecans and vanilla. It uses 2 bread pans so take those out and grease them.Pour the batter into the pans put it in the oven for a half an hour on 300 degrees, half an hour on 350 degrees, then take it out to let it cool, then............................. EAT IT

1 comment:

  1. Kate, my Dad loves your blog and is trying some of your recipes. He might write to you with questions, so don't freak out. He's a creepy old dude but a nice one. ps. everybody I've shown your blog to thinks you're 35 or so. Rock on, Matt V.

    ReplyDelete